Did you ever try out camping outdoors? If not, do give it a try. At home we generally spend a life that does not necessarily promote physical fitness.
Camping is a great foundation to ease out your stress and go outdoors to get in touch with the nature, wake up with the nature, engage yourself in physical activity and spend some quality time with family and friends.You can go camping in many states and national parks, at private campgrounds or even in your own backyard. You can choose to be close to a beach or a lake, try out various camping activities like canoeing, boating or fishing depending on the area.
I am sharing few of the camping tips which are very useful and come handy when an instant travel plan is made.
Most of the campsites do provide with a Picnic table, tent site, parking space. They also provide you with shared bathrooms and electrical outlets. While booking a campsite, do review the map of the place so that you can select best site based on availability and submit your preferences accordingly.
Essentials for Camping
For first time campers, it might be good approach to borrow or rent some of the required things. It is always better to go camping in groups so that you can share important items and save some money. Listed below few of the items that you can pack.
(Choose the tent size depending on your need)
Camp Table (If no picnic table is available),
Tablecloth and clips (or tape)
Blue Tarp , Cots , Hammocks
Gazebos, if you have any
|Personal Items , |
Gear for Adults and Kids ,
Clean Hand Towels and Wash cloths.
Books & Reading Material
Headphones, music player if required.
|Air Mattress /Sleeping bags, Blankets/ Bedsheets/ Camping pillows etc||Toothbrushes,Toothpaste||Slippers/Flipflops, Shower shoes|
Rain Jacket / Poncho , Umbrella
Warm clothes /Alternate weather wear
|Sunscreen Lotion, |
|Toilet Tissues ,Tissues|
Kitchen Paper Towels
NAPKINS, Trash Bags,
Laundry bag/ Plastic bags
Eating and Cooking Utensils,
Frying Pans, Cookpot,
TEA BAGS etc if required
Can Opener/Bottle Opener
SPOONS,FORKS,DINNER PLATES,SMALL PLATES ETC
Kids Sand Toys
|Torch light, |
Headlamps , Flashlights
Lantern (and mantles and fuel/batteries if needed)
Long Electric cables 10ft-25ft,
|Sewing Kit, Scissors etc|
Pad/Mattress repair kit
|Firewood sourced near campsite|
|Campsite reservation Confirmation – On Phone/paper if required.||Important Contact written in |
diary incase phone goes out-of-charge.
Few of the things to do to avoid getting bored while camping
- You can watch your favorite movies while sitting in cozy corner inside your tent.
- Pack your cooking utensils and Plan your meals outside and enjoy with family and friends. You can also make an outdoor oven that cooks food using sunlight.
- If you love to draw you can sketch out some of the flowers or wildlife that you might notice.
- You can make your own poetry and enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
- You can plan and share your stories with kids or friends and spend your time in an exciting way. You can talk about the camping heroes in your family and share their insights with your kids.
- You can play musical chairs , go cycling or play any other exciting outdoor games with your kids.
Hope you enjoyed reading.
Do subscribe to my Newsletter to receive the latest posts